Back to Top

Two security guards injured in violent Mt Annan incident last night

A man will appear in court today after allegedly assaulting a security guard and resisting arrest in Mount Annan last night.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated one security guard for an injury to his nose and another for an injury to his knee at the scene.

Police say that a man was involved in an argument in a licensed premises on Wentworth Drive, Mt Annan around 10.10pm.

After being asked to leave by security, the man allegedly punched a security guard in the face and began to wrestle a group of people inside the location.

Officers attached to Camden Police Area Command attended and the man allegedly attempted to run from the scene before he was arrested.

At this time, the man allegedly grabbed an officer around the neck and refused to let go before a taser was deployed.

The man was able to be handcuffed but continued to resist arrest and was verbally abusive to police before he was taken to Narellan Police Station

The 22-year-old was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company of others, common assault, two counts of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

The Liverpool man was refused bail to appear in Picton Local Court today, Friday, February 11.


In other police news, two men, from Airds and Leumeah, have been charged over the serious assault of a man in Tahmoor.

The first to be arrested at 5pm yesterday was a 26-year-old man from Airds.

He was taken to Campbelltown Police Station where he was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and damage property .

A second man, also aged 26, from Leumeah, was arrested three hours later and also charged with the same offences as the Airds man.

However, he was also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm for a separate offence in January.

Both men were refused bail to appear in Campbelltown Local Court today.

The charges arise form an incident that took place on December 27 last year.

On that day emergency services were called to a carpark in Thirlmere Way, Tahmoor, following reports of an assault.

On arrival, police located a 20-year-old man with serious head and facial injuries.

He was taken to Liverpool Hospital, where he was placed in an induced coma. He has since been released.

Officers attached to Camden Police Area Command established a crime scene and commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the assault.

A small hatchback, observed at the scene, was later found burnt out in a nearby carpark

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

We Support