Police have charged a man wanted on warrants after he was arrested at Macquarie Fields.
He allegedly tried to run away when officers from Macquarie Fields Local Area Command spotted the 25-year-old man in Grevillea Crescent last Friday afternoon.
Police say that after a short pursuit on foot the man was arrested on the street.
The man was wanted on warrants for a range of break and enter and vehicle theft offences in the Camden area on Tuesday, March 21.
The man was admitted to Campbelltown Hospital under police guard for a mental health assessment.
He was later returned to Macquarie Fields Police Station and charged with several offences including:
– Break, enter and steal;
– Common assault;
– Enter enclosed lands;
– Carried in conveyance twice;
– Dishonestly obtain property by deception;
– Robbery in company;
– Aggravated break, enter and commit serious indictable offence;
– Take / drive motor vehicle with person inside;
– Drive while disqualified; and
– An outstanding warrant.
• Investigators are appealing for witnesses to come forward, as investigations continue into a fatal truck crash at Wilton on March 24.
A car carrier and a b-double truck crashed on Picton Road, causing one of the trucks to roll and catch fire.
A 32-year-old Goulburn man, who was driving the b-double, and a 39-year-old Oakdale man, who was driving the car carrier, died at the scene.
Officers from the Crash Investigations Unit established a crime scene and inquiries into the crash are continuing.
Investigators are urging anyone with information, or anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the vehicles prior to the crash that have not yet spoken to police, to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.