Camden house destroyed in fire this morning

Photo of author

A house in Camden was gutted by fire this morning.

Emergency services were called to Berallier Drive about 5.15am to find the single-level brick and tile house well alight.

Fire fighters from Fire & Rescue NSW worked to extinguish the blaze; however, the house was destroyed.

The house was empty at the time of the fire, with the home owners believed to have been away. There have been no reported injuries.

A neighbouring house suffered minor damage.

A crime scene has been established and will be examined once the site is deemed safe.

The cause of the fire is yet to be determined.


Police have arrested two men and seized a firearm after two people were robbed at gun point at Narellan on Saturday.

A man and a woman were walking along Richardson Road, Narellan just after midnight when they were approached by two men allegedly armed with a firearm.

Police say the couple handed over personal property and a mobile phone before the two men left the scene.

Following extensive inquiries, police went to a home at Eskdale Close, Narellan Vale yesterday to execute a search warrant.

Inside, police located a shortened firearm, six cannabis plants, a small amount of cannabis leaf and other items. The firearm will undergo forensic examination, including ballistic testing.

Two men, aged 25 and 28, were arrested and taken to Narellan Police Station.

The 24-year-old man was charged with cultivating a prohibited plant and possessing a prohibited drug. He was granted conditional bail to appear at Moss Vale Local Court on January 17.

The 28-year-old man was charged with armed robbery and possessing a prohibited drug. He was refused bail to appear at Campbelltown Local Court later today.


Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the attempted armed robbery of a service station at St Andrews on Saturday night.

Two young male employees were closing the Stranraer Drive service station at 10.30pm when two masked men entered.

One was armed with a knife, and the other with a baseball bat.

The masked men ordered the employees to move away from the counter area.

But when neither employee moved, the masked men left empty-handed.


Leave a Comment