Pair charged as officers disperse Saturday night party

Photo of author

pair chargedTwo men have been charged after a police officer was injured while dispersing a large party at Macquarie Fields on the weekend.

Police were called to Petunia Place following reports of a large crowd in the street.

On arrival just before midnight on Saturday, officers located around 50 people, who had just left a party at a nearby home, standing in the street.

Additional officers attended when a number of people within the group started to argue and fight with police.

As officers were attempting to disperse the group, one officer was struck in the head with an unknown object.

He was treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance Paramedics before being taken to Liverpool Hospital for lacerations to his head.

Three people – two men aged 20 and a 16-year-old boy – were arrested during the incident.

The first 20-year-old man was taken to Macquarie Fields Police Station and charged with resisting a police officer in execution of his duty, failing to comply with police direction, offensive language and concealing a serious indictable offence of another person.

He was granted bail to appear before Campbelltown Local Court on February 29.

The second 20-year-old man was issued a Field Court Attendance Notice for resisting arrest and hindering police. He is also due to appear at Campbelltown Local Court on the same date.

The 16-year-old was released into the care of an adult, pending further inquiries.

The injured officer was later released from hospital after receiving several stitches to his head.

Investigations into the incident are continuing and anyone with information is urged to contact Macquarie Fields Police Station on 9605 0499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

• In a separate incident, one man has died, and a number of people have been injured, following a crash near Picton yesterday.

Around 2.45pm, emergency services were called to a stretch of Picton Road at Wilton following a crash involving three vehicles.

Initial inquiries indicate a westbound ute and a 4WD collided, before the 4WD entered the eastbound lanes and collided head on with a Jeep.

The man driving the 4WD was killed as a result of the crash, while his female passenger sustained minor injuries.

The woman driving the Jeep sustained serious injuries after her vehicle caught fire as a result of the crash. She was air-lifted to Liverpool Hospital.

The man driving the ute sustained minor injuries. He was transported to hospital for blood and alcohol testing.

Picton Road was closed in both directions between Macarthur Drive and Mount Keira Road.


Leave a Comment