Where can you learn to perfect your Samoan fire dancing skills* and take in a special fire dancing performance by the Matavai Cultural Arts group dancers and drummers for free?
Only at the Liverpool Night Markets, which return this Saturday, October 4 with a strong Pacific flavour and a record number of market stalls including fashion, homewares and Samoan textiles, prints, and accessories.
Other highlights include:
- Meet Rohanee Cox from the Sydney Flames and test your skills in a free-throw shoot out to win great prizes. Plus, you can sign up to play Midnight Basketball on the night. Come down at 4pm to meet Rohanee and take part in the fun.
- There’s plenty to keep the kids happy including a petting zoo, giant jumping castle and special story times at the pop-up library.
- More market stalls including one of a kind, locally sourced handbags and accessories from So Jealous, luxurious candles from CandleBar and artisan foodstuffs from Porters Produce;
- Book swap at the Pop-Up Library – bring along a pre-loved book and exchange it for a new read;
- Delicious food from Al Martino’s Wood Fire Pizza, Authentic Turkish Cuisine, Mamma’s Jerk Chicken, Yan’s Asian Caterer, Cucina 105, Parilla Argenchino Catering, Gourmandise de Paris and more.
The Liverpool Night Markets continue to offer families a night of fantastic entertainment and unique local experiences with the Matavai Cultural Arts dancers and drummers performance providing an exciting preview of the Pacifica Gods exhibition due to open at the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre in late October.
*The Samoan dancing workshop will be held at 5pm on the grassed area at Macquarie Mall.
The markets are held on the first Saturday of every month in Macquarie Street from 4-9pm and are part of Liverpool City Council’s plans to boost the city’s night time economy and make Liverpool a more exciting place to live and work.
Share your experience of the Night Markets via Instagram and upload your photos to @liverpoolnightmarkets #Liverpoolnightmarkets. Like the Liverpool Night Markets Facebook page for latest program updates, and follow Council’s twitter and Facebook. This is an alcohol-free event. For more information about Liverpool’s Night Markets please phone 1300 36 2170, visit www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/nightmarkets or to get involved, email email@example.com