Back to Top

Ingleburn brawl death: 19 year old in court

A Cabramatta man has been charged over an alleged break-in as part of ongoing investigations into the death of a teenager during a brawl in Ingleburn.

Just before 9.40pm on Friday emergency services were called to Chester Road, Ingleburn, after reports of a brawl involving a large group of people.

The brawl is believed to have begun during a party at a home on Chester Road, before it spilled onto the street.

Upon the arrival of officers from Campbelltown City Police Area Command the crowds began to disperse.

An 18-year-old man was located on the roadway with serious head injuries.

He was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics, who conveyed him to Liverpool Hospital, where he was declared deceased.

Local police were assisted by the Public Order and Riot Squad, the Dog Unit, Police Rescue, Police Transport Command, and officers from other South West Metropolitan Region Police Area Commands.

Several crime scenes were established as inquiries into the man’s death continue.

A number of weapons, including a baseball bat and golf club, along with wooden and metal poles were seized for forensic examination.

Four men, all aged 19, were arrested and were taken to Campbelltown Police Station.

One of the men has been charged with destroying or damaging property, and entering premises without lawful excuse.

He was refused bail and was due to appear in Parramatta Bail Court today.

Police allege that the man ran from police and forced entry to a unit on Chester Road, Ingleburn, before he was arrested nearby.

The three other men have been released pending further inquiries.

Officers from Campbelltown City Police Area Command and the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad continue with their inquiries and are appealing for anyone with information or footage of the incident to come forward.


In a separate incident, police are appealing for information after a man presented at Campbelltown Hospital with a shoulder injury at 9pm last night (Saturday).

The 39-year-old man from Wedderburn went to the hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to his shoulder.

The man remains in a stable condition in hospital and his injury is not considered life threatening.

Officers from Campbelltown City Police Area Command were notified and commenced investigations.

The circumstances surrounding the incident are unknown and police are urging anyone with information to come forward.

We Support