Back to Top

Woman, 81, dies after being hit by car at Narellan

A woman has died after being hit by a car near Camden yesterday.

The 81-year-old woman was walking across Camden Valley Way at Narellan about 1.20pm when she was struck by a BMW travelling in an easterly direction.

The driver, a 60-year-old woman, stopped and rendered assistance to the pedestrian, as did some bystanders.

Emergency services were contacted, with officers from Camden Police Area Command and the Metropolitan Crash Investigation Unit attending.

The older woman was taken to Liverpool Hospital in a critical condition where she later died.

The driver was uninjured but was taken for mandatory testing, and has since been released.

Inquiries into the circumstances of the crash continue.


In a separate incident, a man has been charged after allegedly impersonating police in Mount Annan and Spring Farm last week.

Police will allege that about 7.30pm on May 1, a man approached a group of boys outside a fast-food outlet on Waterworth Drive, Mount Annan, introducing himself as a police officer.

He asked for identification and ordered the boys to move their vehicles, grabbing one of the boys by the arm, before leaving the scene in a Ford Ranger.

About 9.20pm, the man attended a home on Corder Drive, Spring Farm, and introduced himself to the residents as a police officer, claiming he had to search a vehicle at the front of the home, before doing so and leaving the scene.

A short time later, a 17-year-old boy was riding a motorcycle on Springs Road, Spring Farm, when he was flagged down by a Ford Ranger travelling closely behind him flashing its high beams.

The boy spoke with the man who claimed he had detected the boy speeding, agreeing for the man to follow him home.

When they arrived at the home, the man searched the youth’s bag and took a camera and his driver’s licence, before leaving.

Following inquiries by officers from Camden Police Area Command into the incidents, a 47-year-old man attended Narellan Police Station on Thursday, May 2, where he was arrested and formally charged with impersonating a police officer and with larceny and common assault.

He was granted conditional bail to appear at Picton Local Court on May 14.

We Support