A total of 1,302 tests were performed in the 24 hour reporting period at South Western Sydney Local Health District as more and more people continue to present for testing.
This included 125 people at Narellan Health Centre and 69 at Camden Hospital, but with a big number, 305 at the Ash Road sporting complex, Prestons.
NSW Health has announced there were seven positive cases of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. Six of those related to the Thai Rock restaurant cluster.
There have not been any more cases added to the Crossroads Hotel cluster, which still stands at 54.
A number of venues attended by cases are under investigation, with ongoing assessment and contact tracing continuing. Information on all venues is available at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
Local hospital clinics continue to experience higher-than-normal testing numbers and the District expect this to continue for some time. Test results normally come back in 24-72 hours.
“The response from our community has been tremendous. It means the important message to get tested is reaching our community,’’ said a District spokesperson.
“We encourage people to continue to come forward for testing and to follow the latest health advice.
“Anyone feeling unwell – even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat – is urged to seek testing and self-isolate. Do not go to work or catch public transport until you are cleared of COVID-19.’’
Current Covid-19 testing locations being operated by South Western Sydney Local Health District:
- Drive-through, Ash Road Sporting Complex, Ash Road, Prestons, 8am to 7pm;
- Drive-through,Endeavour Sports Park, Maud Street, Fairfield West, 8am to 7pm (closing today, July 24);
- Drive-through,Fisher Street Carpark, Fisher Street, Cabramatta, 8am to 7pm;
- Drive-through, Warwick Farm racecourse carpark, Governor Macquarie Drive, Warwick Farm, 8am to 7pm (*opening on Monday, July 27);
- Narellan Community Centre, 14 Queen Street, Narellan, 8am to 6pm;
- Camden Hospital, 61 Menangle Road, Camden, 8am to 6pm;
- Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital, Eldridge Road, Bankstown, 8am to 6pm;
- Bowral & District Hospital, Ascot Road, Bowral, 8am to 6pm;
- Campbelltown Hospital, Parkside Crescent, Campbelltown, 8am to 6pm;
- Fairfield Hospital, Prairie Vale Road, Prairiewood, 8am to 6pm;
- Liverpool Hospital, Elizabeth Street, Liverpool, 8am to 6pm.