A man appeared in Campbelltown Local Court yesterday to face 18 firearm and domestic violence related charges following his arrest earlier this week.
Officers from Camden Police Area Command began an investigation last month into domestic violence offences involving a 24-year-old woman.
Following inquiries, officers went to a house at Hambridge Road, Bargo, about 2pm last Tuesday (October 14).
There they arrested a 23-year-old man and seized firearms, which will undergo further examination.
The man was taken to Narellan Police Station where he was charged with 18 offences, including common assault (domestic violence), stalk and intimidate.
He was also charged with keeping unauthorised prohibited firearm (two counts), and:
- Possess unregistered firearm – pistol (two counts)
- Possess unauthorised pistol
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Possess ammunition without holding a licence or permit
- Possess more than three unregistered firearms without licence or permit
- Not keep firearm safely – prohibited firearm (three counts)
- Not keep firearm safely – pistol (two counts)
The man was refused bail to appear in court yesterday.